3/2/08

So I decided to take a nap this afternoon. I'm not a good nap taker...my mom can attest to this fact from the time I was a little girl...I wake up somewhat disoriented, sleep too long and anyhow it's just not really pretty.

Of course I didn't actually fall asleep until maybe about 4 p.m. only to be harshly awakened at 4:15 by my fire alarm going off.

And no...there wasn't a fire, but rather a power outtage. I have never lived somewhere that has so many power outages and this one lasted until 9 p.m. And I sadly was unprepared...no batteries in the flashlight, no candles and I was too lazy to walk out to the garage for my wind-up lantern.

There's not much you can do alone in the dark. Most every way I relax besides sleeping has some sort of electricity involved...heck even reading needs light when the sun goes down.

It's also really really dark in my apartment at night as I really only have two windows. Anyhow...obviously the power is back and all is well with my world...I should really make a list and add batteries and a few candles to it.

No comments: