12/26/07

Today dad learned of another couple of his friends who has lung cancer. It's kind of like the club no one really wants to belong to and yet when people start talking they just know more and more people who belong.

Dad wanted to go to the casino tonight so we went...smokey place which makes it oh so great for his own lung condition. I didn't really have that much money to hand over to the Illinois Gaming commission so I pretty much just watched other people win or lose money (and boy there was one older woman who won over 20,000 nickels while I was standing there...that sort of stuff just does not happen to me.) It was however one of the few times that dad wasn't just sitting in his chair moping or sleeping so at the very least he was up and about and walking around.

Mom and I also went to the mall to return a few things and blessedly the lines were short and we were in and out in a flash.

My cousin Brigitte needs to be at Midway at 3:30 a.m. so mom and dad went to bed early. She's not entirely sure whether she will be able to even get on a flight as she flies standby (she works for AIRTRAN)

All in all it's been a peaceful trip home. That really doesn't happen very often. I'll post more pictures from the trip tomorrow when I have more time.

No comments: