12/27/07

American Airlines has got to be a tad crazy in a money hungry way. When I checked in for my flight they didn't give me the option of getting on the earlier flight even though I had been there almost two hours early. They did however offer me the option to upgrade my ticket for $45.00 to first class. FOR A less than one hour flight. Seriously, unless I was a giant...which we all know I'm not, or completely stuck in a middle seat next to sumo wrestlers...which thankfully I had a window and you all know my theory of the extra room the window offers to people who have seat hogging middle seaters...which I didn't...I would not pay $20.00 for the upgrade which gives me a packet of pretzels along with my lackluster beverage choice. Also - it's rather ridiculous that they even serve drinks on the less than one hour flights. By the time you get your beverage you pretty much have to slam it like doing a shot and hope you don't get a slurpee headache in the process.

The flight was uneventful. It was so cool flying above the clouds. At one point I dozed off and I woke up when the captain turned on the seatbelt sign in preparation for landing I looked outside and the first thought that popped into my head was WOA - they DID get a lot of snow - I can't even see any houses...and then I realized we were above the cloud deck.

I do have to say that I admire pilots who seemingly have to trust their navigation system and the tower when they are hurtling their plane through the clouds...they were thick and it was like passing through a vat of cotton batting...it was cool but all I kept thinking was how exactly is the pilot going to know when he's breaking free from the clouds and not hitting something in the process.

I did select several things out of the sky mall catalog that I could use, should anyone have any spare cash laying around after the holiday...I'll share that in another post.

2 comments:

Newt said...

we learned on Mythbusters that a plane can actually land itself. Which amazed the crap out of me.

Tina said...

I'll be better off with my silly belief that someone is actually driving the plane :) Yet another reason why I'm getting rid of my cable.