
I have a new appreciation for my brother Jerry who does the christmas lights on our christmas tree. I was attempting to pre-light the trees I borrowed from WLC to help decorate theAlley and let's just say...they don't really work. I've been at it for over two hours and started over twice because somehow the bulbs keep burning out and I have no idea where they are burned out. I need patience. And perhaps a new string of christmas lights. This tops my list of annoying things about Christmas hoopla...
The other things include...
The song Feliz Navidad...I understand we need to be aware culturally but sincerely I'm sure that there's got to be spanish versions of some other christmas carol we might want to play. Although sincerely...we don't typically play spanish songs on the radio except for this song so is it really necessary?
Running...multicolored christmas lights on houses that apparently are blinking to some sort of christmas carol.
Deflated yard snowmen because the timer hasn't quite gone off to allow Frosty to be blown up in it's 8 foot glory.
Poinsettia plants everywhere. Apparently another 20 of them are coming to our floor at work next week and quite frankly...I do not have a green thumb and will probably kill the flower within a week of getting it. But seriously...I know I'm kind of acting like Pam of "the office" in my boycott of the poinsettia committee however if they took the $13.00 a piece that they are purchasing them for...I could think of a whole bunch of other more useful items our office could use...like a margarita machine or perhaps a coffee maker that actually works.
1 comment:
try singing it...replacing the feliz navidad with "fleas on the dog" and then tring to fit other cute things, even making them rhyme for the rest of the song...it makes it MUCH more interesting!!!!
Post a Comment