11/3/07

Jerry and I both agreed we didn't have a whole lot of money so we decided to tour the Dells on less than $20.

To give you background, we've been vacationing at the Dells pretty much every year since 1971 so touring the Dells was more of a process of nostalgia than any sort of touristy thing.

We decided to start with the Strip. We parked our car at one end of the strip of stores and just sort of ambled our way up and down the street. My favorite quote overheard from somebody just getting out of their car:

wife: "well honey where do you want to start"
husband: "well I guess that depends on what kind of t-shirt you are looking for"

What used to be row after row of rather interesting eclectic souvenirs now has turned into a mecca of fudge shops, old time photo studios (I think I counted four of them) and t-shirt stores. Which made us wonder - how many fudge stores can be added to a town before the market is saturated?

And who wouldn't want to come home with a fully dressed rooster for your collection?




Although the most ironic and thing we laughed about the most....

The Dells Bells Wedding Chapel... which is right across the street from.....
















The torture museum. Wonder if they sell a package deal? They were closed so sadly we couldn't even see if they had a collectible pin. You just cannot make this stuff up.

No comments: