This evening I was back at WLC for a meeting and I have to say I kind of felt like I did after high school when I went back to visit teachers after the first semester in college. (Yep, I was a geek like that but I also so treasure the relationship I built with those teachers whom I now call by their first name and consider them my friend.)
Kind of looking around waving at a couple of people in the office but kind of also feeling a bit like an outsider roaming the halls scoping the place out. I noticed small things like all of the banners in the Genesis sanctuary - which I know is all part of the "homecoming" thing that's going on and I see the sign ups for activities that aren't being filled and rejoice in new names I don't recognize on lists and I guess it's all just sort of a little nostalgic for me. It's really only been a month since we've been gone but also kind of odd to get my head to wrap around. I wonder about people too. I know it's not like I can't shoot an e-mail or pick up the phone - which I probably will do with a few of those people. I'm just not great at ecking out time for friends, especially lately for some reason.
I miss others in the small things. And I guess I wonder in a wholly self-serving way if they at all think about me right back. Kind of odd for virtual strangers who only really talked in ten minute snippets on Sunday a.m. Those people would think it odd if I called...but if I see them on the street I'll probably actually talk to them. It's funny though...I don't often go to woodbury anymore. Don't know why that is, but my driving pattern lately either just goes grocery shopping or heads to the Walmart in Hastings rather than the one in woodbury.
Just the pondering of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment