10/7/07

Snack Food. I admit there are more evenings that a box of snack crackers and a bowl of soup are my dinner...or a packet of microwave popcorn. I love to cook, however probably for the last year I've been so uninspired to do so. I say that it's because its so hard to cook for one person but that's a cop-out. It's boring to cook for one person. Why cook when there's a box of Peppridge Farm Sesame Snack Crackers and a container of spinach dip calling my name? Spinach is a vegetable - that should count...right?

Today at the grocery store I noticed all of the new flavors of Pringles. One of the containers even said "exclusive flavor of Cub Foods" Truthfully I'm a bit of Pringles purist. Original - red can. There's something about the shaking of the tin - that snap of the top (which - I kind of miss the safety hazard of those tin tops.) I like the fact that they have a lid to close it up. I sometimes even am tempted to take two chips and pretend like I'm a duck...c'mon - you know you've done that a time or two...of course you were probably seven and I'm 37 but who's counting?

I love watching cooking shows and love going out to eat, but my pocketbook is suffering the effects of going out all the time AND so to be accountable to myself - starting here and now I am going to try and cook more this fall and see how it goes. I have a crock pot and a pressure cooker gather dust in my cabinets. It's time to brush those off and start cookin'.

No comments: