10/16/07

Pirates were a leading story today on yahoo.com. Apparently they are causing quite a problem off the coast of Somalia. While I surely don't want to make light of such a terroristic thing I just cannot even imagine the one cruise ship I was on and if pirates attacked that ship (the Disney Wonder) would people on board not jump to think it was some sort of Disney engineered Peter Pan adventure?

This weekend was spent with our advisory board and while I love those dear people...spending an entire weekend talking about e.coli outbreaks and the next big virus that might destroy the world always makes for me to not want to leave my house ever again. It does however make me very aware of every surface I'm touching and how often everyone should be washing their hands.

1 comment:

Newt said...

Ya know, I've never been interested in a cruise but if I could go on a cruise that got attacked by pirates and they looked like Depp or Bloom, oh, I'd pay big bucks. Yep. Now that's a girl vacation!