10/30/07

Okay to top off my fabulous time in the nation's heartland - Ft. Wayne IN as I was leaving the airport grounds an elderly gentleman had a basket of pre-wrapped cookies and was handing them to each person if they wanted them and said thanks for visiting ft. wayne regional county airport or whatever they call themselves. They were wrapped in celophane with the Fort Wayne logo on them. Now that's what I call city pride.

Then I boarded what has to be the smallest prop plane I have ever flown in. I seriously was expected to be handed a parachute at 30,000 feet. (It was one of those planes that only has one seat on one side of the plane and two seats on the other and there are only about ten rows to the whole plane.) I thought for sure the rubberbands running the propellers might run out before we got to Detroit but thankfully they lasted.

What better time to just spend thirty minutes in prayer right?

I then got to sprint my way from Gate C16 to Gate A76. Who plans these things? And why do I always have to fly out of the very last gate imaginable on any trip I go on?

Of course I did need the exercise...especially after the cookie ;-)

No comments: