10/30/07

I am sitting in the airport in Ft. Wayne IN at their free web access station. This airport reminds me of what possibly the airport on that tv show Wings might have looked like. When I checked in for the flight, the person who checked my bag told me he would be personally loading the plane at 6:30.

As I checked in to the security station I had a five minute conversation with the security guard about his side job as a retail craft merchant and his towering Christmas display of houses. I toured the Fort Wayne Air Museum and now that I'm done with that I still have two hours to waste before my plane boards...which is fine now that I found this free website station.

Yesterday evening our puddlejumper plane landed and we disembarked off one of those staircases into the airfield. As I waited for the hotel shuttle I think I counted 20 cars in their "parking lot" and well...it just was a sharp contrast to the hustle and bustle of O'Hare.

I'm not complaining, I find it quite amusing and if not a little inspiring that there still are small towns that are slower and people take time to talk to each other.

No comments: