10/3/07


Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go

Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.

Of course, I won't know until tomorrow because who the heck wants to stay up until Midnight or later to find out the score on a weeknight.

It was fun to be in Chicago when they start their journey towards possibly going to the world series...but I won't get ahead of myself.

It's funny I was at a seminar the last few days in chicago and much like the movie Fever Pitch most of them were cautiously superstitious...or maybe just a little stitious.. they hope the Cubs can go all the way but won't say so out loud. The curse of the billy goat I guess?

I say if you are a fan you should holler like one...however as much as I will cheer for them - that's still not going to get me to stay up until midnight to watch the game but I'll check the box score tomorrow...does that still count?

------------------------------

I had the most INSANE cab driver today...I am lucky to be alive. Those of you who have been to Chicago or live there....imagine mid-day traffic on the Kennedy....and an insane cab drive going about 70 miles an hour swerving in and out of traffic...all the while regaling me with stories about the celebrities he has driven and how much he LOVES big brother the tv show.

Then I get to OHare and the lines are annoyingly long...however I was lucky enough to get the last seat on the plane...which when I approach the seat is the exit row. They didn't tell me ahead of time it was the exit row...no spiel on whether I think I'm capable of helping in an emergency...anyhow...I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth and not take the seat ....I just found it rather odd that they didn't even ask or go over safety instructions with me...isn't that some sort of rule? And if they don't go over the safety instructions with the five people responsible for helping others to safety...why do they still go through the seat belt instructions? I understand the oxygen mask instruction...I doubt I will ever remember that my seat cushion is also a flotation device should the need ever arise because quite frankly...I freak out in my head whenever even the remote strange noise happens on the plane so if someone said that a water landing was probable...well I'd think I'd be a little more freaked out about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A guy from Illinois dies and is sent to Hell. He had been a horrible man his
entire life. The devil puts him to work breaking up rocks with a sledge
hammer.

To make it worse, he cranks up the temperature and the humidity. After a
couple of days, the devil checks in on his victim to see if he is suffering
adequately.

The devil is aghast as the Illinoisan is happily swinging his hammer and
whistling a happy tune.

The devil walks up to him and says, "I don't understand this. I've turned
the heat way up, it's humid, you're crushing rocks; why are you so happy?"

The man, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great!
It reminds me of August in Illinois . Hot, humid, a good place to work.
It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!"

The devil extremely perplexed, walks away to ponder the man's remarks. Then
he decides to drop the temperature, send down a driving rain and torrential
wind.

Soon, He is a wet, muddy mess. Walking in mud up to his knees with dust
blowing into his eyes, the man is happily slogging through the mud pushing a
wheelbarrow full of crushed rocks. Again, the devil asks how he can be happy
in such conditions.

The man replies, "This is great! Just like April in Illinois . It reminds me
of working out in the yard with spring planting!"

The devil is now completely baffled but more determined to make him suffer.
He makes the temperature plummet. Suddenly He is blanketed in snow and ice.
Confident that this will surely make him unhappy, the devil checks in on
him.

He is again aghast at what he sees. The man is dancing, singing, and
twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in glee. How can you be so happy?
Don't you know it's 40 below zero!?" screams the devil.

Jumping up and down, he throws a snowball at the devil and yells,


"Hell's frozen over! This means the Cubs won the World Series!"