8/15/07

So I took down the violin player. (It served it's purpose as a dumb joke and anyone who missed it probably will live to see another day.) I just don't understand what people see in that dreadful song? It's long. I get it...got it at the first verse...you will survive....hey hey...

Last night I took a walk down the bloggin' lane. I do babble on don't I? It's not all that interesting but I do notice I write about food a lot and complain about my job and miss my family - all of which are surely things I should be working on fixing or not fixating.


Today I wandered by a couple of my bloggin' bounces...and they were talking about diaries...which if you think about it - this blog is a mere reflection of a diary. Or at the very least whatever a diary would be if you put it out there for public consumption.

I've always wanted to keep a diary. Been fascinated by them since the doogie houser days. I probably have eight or nine of them dating back to my teenie bopper years and each book has about five pages written in them - typically at the beginning of the year and then it just sorts of drifts off.

Re-reading these diaries makes me realize a few things...

Love shapes the conversation.

Why don't we love more with words? Or rather just be more kind?

And when it's LOVE (because we all know I've been SO successful that this) I have an idea of what I want to share - it's that lyric from the Allison Krauss song "The smile on your face, lets me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eyes, saying you'll never leave me, The touch of your hand, says you'll catch me, if ever I fall. You say it best, when you say nothing at all." (Now I know some of you probably think this is unrealistic harlequin love garbage but hmmmm it is lovely to think about.)

And speaking of my other love...I should really stop thinking about and analyzing food - right after this one comment. This evening's news stated that the Indiana State Fair is banning Trans fats from the fair. While I understand they are trying to be healthy - they aren't changing the idea that corn dogs, deep fried twinkies and snickers, and pretty much anything else on a stick is probably not what you should be dieting on anyhow...but hey let's make a big deal and make it healthier (and seriously Minnesota - it's a CORN DOG...not a pronto pup - I don't care what kind of batter you use) Then I changed the channel and watched a show where the person was making their own lard to fry in and I thought...what a contrast!

5 comments:

Alesha said...

awww, thats our song...we danced "our dance" at the wedding...

Nick said...

But the violin player made me laugh histerically! And yes, I go to the state fair to eat health food.

Allison Krauss (or Keith Whitley) had it exactly right; that's why we chose it to be "our song". Although it may be because Alesha's love language is physical touch...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nick for relinking it in case people want to hear it. I just could not stand the idea that I was perpetuating the song being played over and over again because of my blog :) I have a list of songs like the Hokey Pokey and Chicken Dance that I just can't abide and this would be one of them.

And aw....I did not know that was your dance...see the things we learn about each other through the blog :)

Anonymous said...

Of course, we also have completely different definitions of the phrase "I'm running to Arby's"

Newt said...

I love that song. It's in a movie I love and I get all smushy and google eyed when I hear it.

I had to look it up - Ronan Keating's version of the song was in the movie Notting Hill.