8/21/07

I sent a note to Amy to see how her family was doing with the flood situation in the winona area. Not sure if any of you remember Arlene and Tom (her sister and brother in-law) but here's the note I got back from her:

"Unfortunately, Arlene and Tom's home is under water. They were evacuated on Sunday morning. Local officials took them back by boat on Sunday afternoon and the water was up to the countertops on the main floor (so about 4 feet). They were able to get some clothes but basically everything on the main floor is ruined. They left everything in the upstairs (the kids rooms and photos and most of their storage) so hope that will all be okay. They are staying at a hotel this week and the kids are staying with friends. Insurance at this point will not cover anything! It's an awful situation. I appreciate your prayers for them."

No comments: