Is it the end of the doily as we know it?
Click Here for the Story
It always saddens me when I hear of these sorts of town institutions dying out however I'm one of those 30-something people who inherited enough doilies for my "hope chest" that I think I'm set for life and if anyone has an hankerin' for a hankie I might be able to set you up too.
My hope chest still hopefully sits in my childhood bedroom closet. Actually it's more of a crummy box from S&H Green Stamps...which I googled and do you realize S&H green stamps still exists? (Remember the Brady episode where the boys and girls found out Alice had a whole lot of stamps and they fought over whether to get a canoe or a sewing machine and ended up getting the tv?)
Some days I feel quite old - do kids nowadays even keep hope chests? I bet they would enjoy collecting green points because that would mean we'd get more stuff for buying more stuff.
And yes, it's a wonder I haven't found myself a husband yet with all the treasures that await him in my hope chest -- if he only knew!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment