Random Thoughts tonight...
So You Think You Can Dance: I really wish the announcer would just stop talking. I know she thinks everyone is fascinated with her accent but it really just bugs me. Also apparently yesterday's dance bothered a bunch of people because it was an anti-war statement. My opinion is that if war is necessary than speaking about peace is just as necessary and a DANCE about peace and wanting the world to change is not a statement about not supporting the troops but wanting a world where peace can reign. Maybe designers need to avoid all political statements or using marine patches on jackets (apparently the one woman's jacket had an upside down marine symbol on it) BUT seriously, I am sure that she just thought...what a cute military style jacket and not at all what a military statement it would make. I just don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that they are being slighted when sometimes pointing out the supposed slight especially in the national spotlight makes it more about an eye for an eye. I was also thinking that I might like to see the live show if it comes through the Xcel Energy Center :)
Babies: Pete called and said that Sara is set to go any day now. You can tell he's just beyond excited. I'm still trying to decide if I want to be the doting aunt and drive 3 hours the day or day after it happens or just wait until a more appropriate time...just don't want them to think I don't care but I also don't want to be in the way either.
Deck: They made some progress on the lower decks today. All I can say is that it will be interesting to see how they handle my deck in about three weeks at the rate they are going!
Car: Took my car in this a.m. AGAIN. It's leaking oil at the oil pan but apparently the leak has lessened so my mechanic friends Dave and Bruce tell me that I should just drive it and not worry so much. They must just roll their eyes every time I walk into their little shop. They greet me by name which is kind of nice but it could be more because after giving them a ton of business this winter I've become a preferred customer.
I think tomorrow I may take myself to the movies...it's hot outside, and I kind of have been looking forward to the No Reservations movie (I know it's fairly predictable and has been done before ...Raising Helen anyone? However I also read the book the movie is based on and it will be interesting to see how faithful the director is to that story.)
No comments:
Post a Comment