
I have No Reservations in telling you that this was a pretty decent movie. I didn't once wonder what time it was and for the most part Kate (CZJ) and Nick (AE) seemed plausible as a love interests/foodies although I have a sense seeing them on Emeril the last several weeks promoting this movie, that neither of them really care all that much about food in real life.
Aaron Eckhart plays his part of flirt to a tee which just made me sigh. He could cook for me any day and feed me too (if you see the movie you may understand what I'm getting at.) If I have one complaint it would be I wanted there to be more...this was almost only an amuse bouche...a tease to the senses...you kind of see into the characters but not quite enough to carry them with you.
I also think I might rent the German movie Mostly Martha to see how the screenplays differ (I wonder if that movie is in German? That might be a good movie for mom and dad to rent too?) The sweetest thing...there was an older woman sitting next to me through the movie and we both were among the last to leave (I was trying to see the name of a song) Anyhow she turns to me at the end of the credits and says That was the best movie I've seen since Moonstruck. Now granted, I saw moonstruck what seems like twenty-five years ago so I didn't think I could come up with any comparisons so I said I hadn't seen that movie but this one sure was great. It was just nice to see that she had the same feeling...it's not terribly original but a feel good movie just the same.
Three stars out of Five.
I will also say that the Marcus Oakdale Cinema is my new favorite cinema...good seats and soundsystem and good popcorn. Today however I decided to mix it up and get pretzel bites and i should have stuck with the popcorn...also they give you enough pretzel bites to feed a family of five...kind of overkill and they were kind of stale by about 20 minutes into the movie. I didn't see many previews that I really want to see either...and I saw a highly alarming JcPenney commercial that I just did not get at all. Faceless armless schoolchildren...and supposedly this is all about style. I just didn't get it at all...and that made me wonder...I'm I just getting too old to understand the humor of the younger generation?
2 comments:
Ok, I want to see the movie. How come you never invite me? I don't ever talk during a movie. I hate when folks do that. So, what is a Snapdragon like? I was close to being the 1000 visitor... I should put my counter back on mine...
Thanks for the reminder that I should call friends to do stuff, i just never really do when it comes to the whim of leaving work early and going to the movies. Thanks for the sales pitch too...I'll add you to my list of people I can go with to the movies. I hate it when people talk through movies...it's so much easier to wait until the movie is over.
I liked the pink of the snapdragon and actually it is one of my favorite planting flowers although I really haven't had a garden since moving to Minnesota because my deck roasts in the summer and pretty much kills anything I put out there...I wonder if I should try a cactus ;-)
However the result was less than stellar: "Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."
I don't really know that I'm a prankster...that just doesn't seem to fit my style :)
Post a Comment