I got home from church tonight and flipped channels while eating (as is the typical thing I do while eating dinner seated at my coffee table.)
I will say that I only caught two brief seconds of the musical tribute to diana and one time around was to hear Rod Stewart...whom I never really cared for. He really needs to rest his voice. Permanently. I imagine he's tired of singing Maggie and Do You think I'm Sexy too.
Then the award for useless artist of the programme (isn't that proper english spelling) was P.Diddy or Puff Daddy or Sean Combs or whatever he's calling himself these days. He should stick to being silent too, for completely other reasons.
I'm sorta sad that I missed Duran Duran. Although maybe it's good that I did miss them...sometimes hearing a group you liked from the 80's years on down the road just loses something in aged translation. Older men singing "her name is Rio and she dances on the sand" just isn't the same. Of course I always had a hard time translating some of what they were singing...I don't know what it is about English accents but I can barely understand sometimes what they are singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment