6/7/07

Three IT professionals from Dell and Microsoft (including a really nice but slightly hard to understand man named Deb from India) and my computer is fixed.

The last several days my internet has been completely disabled because I was too overzealous in my updating and didn't realize that there are "issues" with Internet Explorer 7 and McAfee and older XP service packs. (It just doesn't complete the installation process and eventually renders a computer useless.)

So I've also uploaded firefox to my system, at the advice of my dell service technician AND while I appreciate my friends volunteering to fix the machine...there's still something that feels really cool about fixing a computer problem on my own. (with the help of trained telephone professionals of course.)

So what would I put in a time capsule? Probably a newspaper, or a webnews printout, I'd put a cassette tape (because more than likely no one will know what it is) Maybe a few photos with descriptions/family stories on the back, A menu from a restaurant or maybe a grocery check out receipt so people might be able to see what things cost... but really I'm having a hard time coming up with anything else that screams "2007" or this generation and how sad is that?

I'm still contemplating the marriage question...it should be easy to just say that God blesses everything but the rest of it...just not sure about.

1 comment:

Newt said...

Hmmmm in a time capsule for this day and age. I don't think I have the attention span necessary to put together a time capsule.......