Ever get to the moment in your week when you look behind, you look ahead and it's just a tad overwhelming? That's where I'm at this evening. Yep. Can't even muster up the idea of doing what I had planned to do tonight.
I even got home a tad earlier than I expected and watched half of Throwdown with Bobby Flay - Chicken Wings. I don't like chicken all that much and inparticular chicken with the bones still attached so I just don't really get what's so particularly great about eating those little chicken wings? The blue cheese dipping sauce would be probably the only redeeming factor.
So there really wasn't anything on so I decided to research my trip next week. I will be on my own in San Jose for almost three days building our trade show booth before the rest of my team arrives, and typically the first day in any show, I'm rendered pretty much useless sitting there watching them construct the monstrous booth so I went online to see what san jose had to offer.
Anyone been there? Have any advice?
I don't have all that much extra money this coming week and low and behold I see that the San Jose Museum of Art is free...so that may be a possibility. There looks to be a historical area, which sometimes can be interesting. Of course, it all depends on whether my boxes arrive and there's time.
I did pull out my Eccentric America book (thanks again Arnie) however the one listing for San Jose closed it's doors last year...rather sad too as it probably would have been right up my alley - Lou's Living Donut Museum. We are also close to Great America, so depending on time again, maybe a roller coaster or two might be just what the doctor ordered.
I really hate evenings that I know I need to be at work at 7:00 a.m. for a conference call with the east coast. Why can't the whole world be on central time - then I wouldn't have to wait until 5 p.m. to call out to restaurants that open at 5 p.m. Pacific Time or have to do the math to figure out what time it is in Germany. In fact, anything that requires extra math should be abolished.
Whenever I travel to the west coast it always just seems so illogical to be eating at 10 p.m. Sure it's technically 8 p.m. California time but the operative word in the sentence is illogical. And I wonder how anyone gets anything done being two hours behind everyone else? When I was there last month every time I realized I needed something from someone I did the math and realized that it was past 5 p.m. at our office and everyone had already left for the day and WORSE part was that those who typically work late were all in california with me.
And yes, I feel the same thing when I travel to the east coast only backwards...it's only 4 p.m. - why are we eating? It's way too early to wake up yet and when I need something from the office It's only 7:30 a.m. and no one is there yet.
One last joy-NOT before I leave...apparently we are training in yet another temp tomorrow. JOY - NOT! At least the one redeeming factor is that it's FRIDAY.
No comments:
Post a Comment