5/17/07

Thursday season finale thoughts.

The Office: I am what I yam...that's Popeye. I love this show. The clever little things they say like that are just so hilarious. Dwight is a good character too. The fact that in his dream job he would only earn like 80,000 is so totally funny too. I really hate what they've done with Michael's character and I hope the summer brings a quick break up to him and Jan - I've hated that story-line. And so completely funny that the temp got the job. That would happen at our office. Although I was kind of hoping Karen would get the job so that the whole love triangle would end - it's kind of a tired storyline already. Although, kind of typical for an office.

Grey's Anatomy - I haven't watched in a couple of weeks thanks to the National Sales Meeting so I was a little lost. That song at the end was kind of annoying but appropriate "just breathe" I get it already. I like George - he needs to be a doctor. Who is lexie? Is that Merideth's step sister? Maybe I'm just still too cynical about love. Some of the story lines just hit a little too close to home. Ah...the romantic in me did like Burke's marriage vows because it showed he put a little thought into them, however I'm not sure if I ever get married if I would do the whole "write your own vows" sort of thing. I know this will suprise most of my family who has had to endure many a poem or eulogy over the years. I just think that when it comes to marriage, I kind of like the traditional statements. Maybe I'll change my mind when I find someone I truly love. HOWEVER, this show just really irks me how lightly they take relationships and marriage and vows etc. Society needs to have some role models and while I know it's lame to think a tv show will serve that purpose...the fluff the dole out on this show about feelings and commitment is so very lax. And now I'm stepping down off my soap box.

No comments: