Progresso Soup has got to be in the top ten best quick fix dinners ever. It even makes me feel somewhat good because it has those HUGE chunks of carrots in their chicken noodle. And there's a variety of flavors so I can pretend "monday night meatloaf" night with the beefy noodle right?
Forget about the sodium level...I'm eating vegatables. That's got to be better than my other quick hit choices - french toast, scrambled egg sandwiches and club crackers and peanut butter/honey :)
Yep I won't win any award for nutrition in my household (at least not lately.) I used to be so much better at cooking and planning meals but lately, lack of inspiration and the fact that I'm in need of a serious grocery intervention makes for some creative and uninspired tv dinners.
Tonight was the next to last episode of the Gilmore Girls. Yes, I admit that I have watched this show from the very first episode and while the last year it has gone way beyond jumping the shark, and I've missed more than I've watched, I can't help but tune in to see how it all ends. Will Luke and Lorelai get together (they were seen kissing in the credits for next week) Will rory grow up to be a famous journalist? I am glad that she said no to Logan. It's tough to say no to a marriage proposal that seems to right. But she's young, and not every tv show has to have all of their characters wrapped up into perfect little packages. It's kind of like another show Dawson's Creek that I watched for many years. I actually have their series finale on dvd. They did one of those "main character" dies at the end which had me sobbing for at least 1/2 hour after the show ended. Kind of like the movie "My Life" the character is terminally ill and talks via video camera to her child.
I was talking to one of our salespeople Bill at our National Sales Meeting last week. It was one of his first days back from suffering a massive heart attack. Luckily we work in the healthcare industry and he was visiting one of his customers when it happened. Apparently the customer and her staff worked even longer trying to revive him.
Bill said that he had not been prepared for the end and the first thing he thought of when he woke was all of the things his family didn't know and all of the things he probably would miss if he died. We had such a dear conversation. Isn't it sad that it takes the loss of a child, a serious illness, or something catastropic to pull some families together?
You've got to try and take time for your family. For you just don't know how long you are blessed with their company here on Earth.
I'm heading to the Dells to see the folks this weekend. They are puppy sitting while Sara and Pete go to a wedding in Lanesboro. Mom and I figure it will be a good time to also sit down and plan the baby shower for them (which for the family reading this...mark your calendars...it's on Saturday, July 8th, probably at Mom and Dad's house.) It was the only date that worked before their due date out of all the weekends in June and July.
2 comments:
Hey? Wait a minute! Pete's pregnant?????
Well, technically Sara is but yes, I will have my very firt niece in August.
Post a Comment