4/21/07

Dejectedly she stood in her kitchen, which just six hours ago sparkled like sunshine hitting crystal and wondered whether there might be such a thing as little elves like those shoemaker elves that might come and wash her dishes.

So I attempted cake number two. Which at least didn't catch fire. How's that for a selling point? Seriously how often can you even say that sentence let alone write it?

I then had a piece of cake number one (the cake actually didn't catch fire, just the overflow from the cake on the bottom of my oven)

The cake was rather light and fluffy and pretty good in a lemon twinkie sort of way... frugally I spent a whole $6.00 making that cake. BUT I'm trying valiantly to watch what I'm eating lately because my doctor told me so and I'm finally listening to her. So i decided that it would be a shame to let the lemon cake go to waste. Particularly my own waist.

And inspired by Alesha's mention of pudding last week I adapted a few vanilla pudding cups of my own, a tub of cool whip and wa la... THE BIRTH OF THE "I'm-not-perfect-and-neither-is-my-lemon-cake-vanilla-pudding-trifle"

Even if no one eats it, I think after spending almost all day pondering what to do with the wrecked lemon cake it's kind of an appropriate marketing piece to bring to this event.

Guess I'd better go back to the kitchen now...turn up the itunes and tackle the 101 dishes in the sink...again Mark Court Apartment Management I plead with you, because of course at this point I'm delusional to think that YOU might read my blog too...a dishwasher would make this place almost a perfect place to live!

No comments: