4/23/07

As promised, more signs that I work at THE OFFICE.

Early tomorrow morning I am meeting my boss at the parking lot of Eco-ville's R&D Center in Eagan...although come to think of it - we never did say where we were meeting. Hmmmm that may be a problem!

Anyhow, for the national sales meeting next week our theme is a take-off on home improvement and tool time ....as in marketing has created a whole bunch of tools and WA_LA here they are. Well...we've each been assigned "tool" nicknames. AND no..I did not have anything to do with the assignments. My boss' nickname is "bulldozer" - which I do kind of find appropriate for multiple reasons.

Anyhow he sent me a note today saying that he remembers seeing a bulldozer at R&D and perhaps I could meet him out there with the camera to capture his photo near the bulldozer. He doesn't think he will actually be able to climb on the bulldozer but perhaps if he stands near it - it will work.

I told him to wear a tie. :)

My nickname...sawhorse. Which at first I thought was kind of lame...just seemed kind of there...and one of the other marketing managers is Sawsall - which apparently is some kind of magical saw that saws - all. Anyhow...I just thought it made sawhorse sound a tad redundant. But at the very least I wasn't Screwed or Sandpaper or Socket Wrench or Twist-tie...well you get the idea.

I received my merit increase today. (Well technically it doesn't kick in until May 25.)

Again, I am amused by my boss' delivery of good news...Barely stopping into my cube I got tossed a paper and he said "congratulations". I had to look down to read what it was...and well...needless to say the fanfare communication of such a monumental event is worthy of my sarcasm here.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

You make me laugh. That's awesome and the picture was fantastic!