3/23/07

This week has been challenging. I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to jumpstart the weekend to ENJOY the sunshine and kick myself out of this "me" focused slump.

So, this past Sunday Chad preached about praying about EVERYTHING.

I just think that this week was a prime example of that not being a good idea. I mostly just listed out a littany of what I wanted to happen and got myself good and riled at the idea that lately EVERYTHING I do tends to be complicated and ends up wasting time and why can't God just fix that? A prayer like that doesn't seem like a relationship builder but more like a riled roommate complaining about the dishes in the sink and about why I never take out the garbage. Do I waste time with God on those trivial things...I'd think it would be better to use the time for something a bit more productive? HOWEVER....

Don't know if God intervened but it's kind of a cheery thought to think he did...I got an e-mail back from our travel agency and they found 25 rooms at the Wyndham in San Jose. It's right on the bus route AND steps away from the light rail and only three miles from the convention center. AND it has a free shuttle from the airport and it's one of the hotels in the APIC housing block AND I'm getting it for $10.00 cheaper a night than the APIC housing block rate. INTERJECTION: HOORAY!!!!

I put up a "NO" poster in my office today. So that instead of just saying it, I could emphasize my No with a casual point to the NO poster. Sadly no one stopped by today with any requests for me to utilize the poster...guess there's hope for next week.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey Tina, wanna wash my car for me? It could use a vacuuming, too.