Just an observation...there are a lot of people from the UK here in florida on their "spring holiday" and I'm just so fascinated by the way the formulate sentences. Also they have this obsession about the difference between how chocolate tastes here vs. there.
Also rather appropriate I thought, was the fact that there's a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Store and Margarita Stand right across the street from the hotel. Like a small mecca where one can go and imagine drowning their frustrations in a vat of Jamaica Me Crazy (an actual Ben and Jerry's flavor!)
So, I've adjusted my attitude towards all the complaints I've been getting about this hotel. Its all rather humorous the amount of things people can complain about...did I mention that my bathtub has been dripping steadily since I arrived on Friday and I've had three technicians out to try and fix it?
Apparently four or five people do have allergies and for that I feel rather bad, but I also wonder if I upgraded to the Best Western or the other hotels if the dust mites and mold mildew smell everyone complains about but I just can't smell would be there too?
The kicker had to be this a.m. Kari (one of our marketing managers) found a petrified/dead gecko behind the curtain in her hotel room.
To make up for it we've been splurging on good dinners - I really don't want to know what last night's bill cost but with appetizers, salads, meals and a dessert among 13 people and lots of wine (I also had a new cosmo called a tuscan cosmo which kind of tasted like a flirtini from Axels) at the very least they stop complaining when they are eating.
Tonight we went to Bonefish Grill (a chain I've used in other cities for a decent restaurant but not too horribly priced.) I had a new type of fish from Iceland called a chaff(pretty sure I'm not spelling it correct)...interesting sort of fish kind of tasted like salmon but not as fishy.
I will sigh a huge sigh of relief at 8:32 p.m. the moment my jet takes off Minnesota.
So thanks friends for sloughing through my rants of the last few days. I am okay. I think :)
No comments:
Post a Comment