3/12/07

I hate the fact that I get overly sensitive about things. And I do take my job too seriously. But I really try to make sure that everyone's needs are being accomodated at these trade shows... there's a lot of crap to coordinate between getting the monstrosity of an eighteen foot high and 20" x 30" booth built, shipping stuff down here, coordinating hotels, restaurants all in the greater grand scheme of doing my regular job which lately has become more and more not fun. Oh I know that not every aspect of work should be fun but you shouldn't feel terrible about doing it more than you feel good about it.

I've been in a quandry for a while now - what do I do. Eco-ville was the first job I took when I moved up here and I've invested a lot of time and energy learning our business and trying to do a good job. Lately though it's become more of a chore to get up and go to work and that's frustrating to me. So do I stay or do I go? Everything in me at these utterly low points say to go...but where? And that's the quandry.

Typical "office" style, my boss had to cancel my review last week so he said that we would just squeeze it in while we are down here. Truthfully with the mindset I"m currently experiencing...I'm sure I'll probably blubber my way through that as well.

I missed the sermon on Thy Will Be Done ...but maybe that might be good advice to heed the rest of the week.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hang in there girlfriend. Check out the Thursday night career transition connection. You might get inspired or discover you're home after all...

I am SO jealous over the Emeril meal!

ben and kate said...

Hey friend...
First time reader, you're blog is beautiful! Nice job with the image work.

Tina said...

Thanks for visiting. Glad you liked the marketing "sparkle" I just redecorated in here the other day :)