Went to Chris Tomlin last night with friends Mary, Phyl and Beejay :) It was good. To share it with each of these strong women who have enhanced my journey in the last few years was nice.
Not as good one of the previous concerts I've seen with Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman but you can truly tell that those people love God and have been blessed with the talent of music. Louie Giglio also has an amazing way of building words so that as they layer on top of each other it develops a picture of awe and wonder that makes you go hmmmmm.
Moving backgrounds on the slide presentations and the building of words were cool. I liked the end of one of the song that everyone knows where they just stopped putting the words on the screen and just showed the majesty of the mountains. Also I've been thinking a lot about tradition lately and it struck me as we were singing the words to Amazing Grace - how many times I've sung those words but how many times I haven't really thought about them. Maybe it was processing the message and going directly into the song, maybe it was the fact that it was Friday night, after a long crummy work week, but for me, that was one of the highlights of the concert.
Johnny Parks opened and the thought that kept rolling out of my head was how awesome it must be for someone who only came to know God at 21 to be standing alone in the middle of a stage in front of 5,000 people sharing their testimony and sharing their song with a guitar and not much else. I'm not a big fan of folksy music but I do think it's interesting to watch someone multitask playing the guitar and harmonica at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment