1/25/07

Need a trinket - I'm typically your gal. I go to a lot of vendor fairs and see a bunch of vendors who bring me "stuff" they think we might want to give our customers at tradeshows. Typically it's just crummy stuff or the "wonder" stuff no one really needs...it's a pen, and a flashlight and a screwdriver and an ice scraper and it's only a dollar.

Today I saw a jellyfish yo-yo (apparently they are all the rage)

Granted, we are going to florida and the vendor was thinking "outside the box" so I will give them credit but um...what in the world would I do if I got stuck with 3,000 jellyfish yo-yos if no one at the show wanted them?

Jeff, one of our sales managers wants pink flamingos (like that's not cliche enough for "florida") I'd personally like to give away NOTHING because it's always such a pain to get the trinkets to the show and make sure they are well received. And I just can't imagine how our pre-show mailer would advertise the jellyfish thing

I finally GOT John yesterday. He's my boss. He was all excited and came into my cube just gushing about an idea for our national sales meeting. And granted it's not really all that original of an idea however it might be cute if we do it right..."Deal or No Deal" anyhow...completely with a poker face (much like he does to me when I go in to his office with my own great ideas) I looked at him somewhat blankly and did one of those "oh I guess so..." unexcited expressions. He was so defeated and just kept trying to sell it to me...and all I kept saying was...well you'll have to just show me what you are thinking at the meeting next week. It MIGHT work but we'll have to see.

I don't want to burst his bubble and it was a tad mean spirited but he does that to me ALL THE TIME and it was fun in a payback sort of way.

We are handing out our new lotion in the lobby of our Research & Development building at flippin' 7 a.m. tomorrow. (And also doing it at 7 a.m. in St. Paul on MONDAY.) So not only do I have to battle getting up before 6 a.m. on a Friday but I have to get over to Eagan and stand in a lobby hawking our product to people who could probably care even less about getting it. It would be different if it were actually our customers but these are fellow staff members and well...I just think the whole idea is kind of dumb.

Got the Chicago Bears cheering "care package" today. For those not in on it - the package contained a slightly dirty touchdown towel that Jerry got at one of the games he went to over the playoffs (I had to vow I wouldn't wash it until after the superbowl), a bumper sticker and a new bears sweatshirt. The sweatshirt is cool so I'll have something new to wear for the superbowl...not sure what I will do with the rest of it but hey...it was nice that they thought of me. Um....Go Bears!!!! Don't know anything about them other than the Quarterback is Grossman and Urlacher is on defense. (Stop shaking your head Jer - apparently the twin link only goes so far!)

No comments: