Dad's appointment was rescheduled until Friday.
It finally snowed and is cold. Not that I really enjoy cold weather however getting to January without a single significant snowfall was kind of a bummer. Sunday night I drove home from work and parked my car in the garage. As I was walking across the parking lots the moon was out and the plows hadn't been through and there was about 4 inches of pristine fluffy white snow to trudge through. I love that feeling of making the first footsteps in the snow. And the flakes were those huge fluffy flakes that make you just want to lift your face to the sky and stick out your tongue and catch a few. (Probably not the best idea considering how much pollution there is in newport from the petrolleum plants but...)
I ran across the conversation piece again and figured it has been awhile since I answered a few more questions so here goes:
When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up? Two things come to mind. I wanted to be a chef. Oma Mt. Prospect gave me this set of copper measure cups and spoons for I think my 8th birthday (I think she eventually admitted that they were one of those "free with deposit" gifts from the bank. Anyhow, I loved to cook and loved to watch her cook. I wish I would have written down more of her recipies because most of them are forever lost (she was one of those cooks who didn't really measure anything but just a dash here and there made the most yummy things like pierogies and punchkies.) Secondly, Jerry and I used to make these elaborate plans to convert this big yellow farm and farm house near our trailer in the dells to an ULTIMATE resort. I wanted to be "activities director" kind of like my idol back then - julie from the Love Boat and Jerry had plans to operate the go-kart track. We didn't really consider things like who would clean or make beds or be the business manager and pay the bills...ah the joys of being a kid.
If someone offered you a trip to any country in the world where would you visit?
Hard to limit it to only one country as there are a lot of countries I'd love to visit. I think though based on my desire to see my family's history I'd pick Germany.
No comments:
Post a Comment