1/21/07

Dad went for his PET/CT Fusion scan on friday. It was great that they combined both the scan and the doctor's visit into the same day so that hopefully we won't have so long to wait. Of course it might take a WHOLE week to get the results back.

I should never have watched Grey's Anatomy the other night. Angie and I were talking about it at work on Friday and both crying. (Angie lost both of her parents a few years ago and quite suddenly.) I did have to laugh though - our new marketing manager came into the cube to ask a simple question and looked like she wished she were anywhere else :)

Jerry is beyond excited that the Bears are going to the Super Bowl and I'm so glad that he got to experience that a soldier field with friends. (Made the "christmas present" he gave himself a bit more special.) He doesn't really seem to spend all that much time with friends and so to do something so "guy-like" is just very cool.

Pete called and said that Sara's going for an ultrasound tomorrow. I just don't get him. I'd be totally over the top excited for my first child to be born and he's not even taking time off of work to drive over to Baraboo to perhaps see/hear his child's heartbeat. I know it's his choice but to use the word I'm trying hard to remove from my vocabularly SERIOUSLY!!!

And finally, the Heart walk fiasco. sometimes our management teams don't have a clue when it comes to motivating and competitive teams. I know they think they could get more people to participate if they had multiple people be captains of their own teams however when they really think about it - we really only know the set group of people in our worlds and as the work-a-holic mindset is encouraged and expected there really isn't all that much time to establish any sort of relationships with a lot of people outside of work. I say this because friday afternoon's sqwak was the fact that I had already asked most everyone on my floor to be on my team so that when it came time for the two upper managers to fill their teams, well...there just weren't that many people. Then we all were discussing the fact that several people got asked by four and five people so it puts a lot of pressure on people to accept being on a team when IDEALLY this all shouldn't be about politics BUT RAISING MONEY FOR A CAUSE!!! (stepping down from my soapbox.)

No comments: