Today has been another lesson in patience.
God bless Fred - who at 8:15, when it was pretty apparent I probably wasn't going to be able to "fix" my flat myself, dashed over with his super "jack" and changed my flat to my spare in about the time a Nascar pit crew would do it. Then calmed me down when it was apparent the spare "donut" was flat as well.
God bless Andrew - who undoubtedly did a great job. I feel absolutely horrible about the trial by fire method and well - I'm just happy this happened when he was scheduled. :)
God Bless Mark - for answering the church phone this a.m. - At the very least I knew that my message of not being there was delivered.
Kind of a keen wake up call that I'm not doing that great of a job of delegating when I felt so unbelieveably stressed.
As I was sitting at Tires Plus for 5 hours I kept thinking about him and Willy and how I really should create a "checklist" of stuff to remember.
God bless the two men at Tires Plus - for having to deal with me and my frantic not-a-car-person foibles. And for being fair and communicating what's wrong. Of course they really only just blew the tire up again and put the spare back in my trunk - so now I get the great task of worrying about that for the rest of the winter.....need to look up that verse again about not worrying.
I did get to church around 2 and finished up the last copies of the Ecuador video. Phew.
You know what they say about listening in on conversations you shouldn't be listening to...well there was this group of people casually talking about Genesis so my ears perked up and I should have never listened because I'm really worked up/steamed and I've got to get this off my chest before heading back to worship or I might be tempted to say something completely un-christian or just lose focus.
Genesis may go off an "do their own thing" and we may not give as much to the church or follow some of the "rules" and gasp - we write on yellow clipboards instead of "friendship books" however to say that there's a hope that someday some of us might get to know Jesus in a condescending tone just really made me mad. Just because we don't worship the same way - don't suppose that we don't KNOW the Lord and love him. True, I'm probably doing the same thing by judging them instead of loving them but sincerely - it just made me mad and I did hear the whole context of the conversation - which was short and to the point but well...then again - they do say you never hear anything good when you eavesdrop.
If there is a division in the church it might be fueled by this sort of thing...and that's wrong (even by my typing on this blog I'm probably participating in fueling some of the fire.)
No comments:
Post a Comment