3/3/14

Restaurant Review Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet (West St Paul, MN

We went to this chinese buffet tonight. We went right after work and it wasn't terribly busy and conveniently we had a coupon for $2.00 off our table.

It for sure is a Supreme Buffet with Sushi, about 8-twosided buffets for different salads and heated items and a complete Habachi Grill.

I started with the sushi. In comparison to Atlantic Buffet in Woodbury, this buffet had approximately 16 different trays of sushi including quite a few different selections and even rolls without the evil seaweed. (I just have never been able to get around the texture of seaweed.) I will say that the sushi chefs that were right behind the counter were a nice touch in that it truly made you see how they were making the sushi and while I was a little disappointed that they didn't make the sushi fast enough (particularly the kind I like) it still was delicious and I had about 8 pieces of different things.

They had a whole lot of fresh fruit (I had strawberries and pineapple that were delicious) and different salads I did not try. They had clams and mussels and peel and eat shrimp. They had a whole buffet lineup of chicken dishes (pepper, champagne, sweet and sour, spicy, uh...a lot of chicken) I had the champagne chicken which was tasty.

They had the whole gamut of appetizers including egg rolls, crab rangoon, bacon wrapped crab, soups, fried dough, cheese... I had one fried cheese stick which wasn't very good. but the crab rangoon and bacon wrapped crab were pretty tasty.

They had green beans and the most lovely asparagus sticks and three different cooked mushrooms and all sorts of rices and noodles (I skipped). They had pizza, ribs and ham and salmon and some other fish (uh...I guess for people who want regular food at a chinese buffet)

They also had a whole hibachi grill...which I didn't try but it looked fresh.

I did read the reviews and have to agree that while the food was all pretty good...I wanted the items I got from the buffet to be warmer. If we go back I'd probably stick to sushi and the hibachi and uh, a couple of the appetizers.

The desserts I think they purchased at the same chinese supply store that atlantic buffet gets their at. They also had some coffee cakes that look like the purchased them from walmart (same black plastic bundt container.

For $11.99 each (and with our $2.00 off per table coupon that was in the clipper this week) it was a pretty good deal and pretty good food that needed to be just a little warmer. (both from a taste standpoint and uh, a food safety standpoint.)

I would pick this over atlantic for the sheer choice of sushi...with the other buffet items.

3 stars of 5.

No comments: