3/10/09

Stuff

We recently went through layoffs at work and while I know they are completely separate budgets I am rather bothered by the idea that two days after the layoff they started installing electric paper towel holders in all of the bathrooms and they started upgrades to a few of the lower level restrooms with fancy tile and really swanky looking materials.

Then about two days ago cranes showed up outside our building.

Now, a few years ago we launch a new brand effort and part of the brand was a change to our logo. It is a change that most people, at first glance don't really notice. Something like giving space between two letters and anyhow I know I am supposed to be a steward and watchdog about our brand but I ask you...

Besides the big #1 on the St. Paul Skyline - have you ever noticed any of the other logos or building names? And secondly - when walking into any building do you look up 19 stories to see a logo or would you say...look above the first floor door?

Yep the cranes are there and yesterday a big letter B appeared. Today was to crummy to do any work so the ropes from the crane and scaffolding just whipped in the wind against the window all day long.

In this economy I don't think it was necessary right now to replace the logo on the building. But I'm probably wrong...and will pay for it eventually...probably out of my annual review. It makes almost as much sense to spend a million dollars on refirbing the parklike setting in our backyard that we've used maybe three or four times in the two years it's been around.

No comments: