I KNOW. Who would have thunk? It IS pie afterall. A perfect little bite. Of course this pie can't even use the excuse of being sort of healthy because it was a cream pie not a fruit one but sadly I'd have to give it a 1/2 a spork.

Today I threw caution to the wind and tried a new variety called their Neopolitan Pie. I figured I like Neopolitan Ice Cream (and it did sort of have that flavoring.)
It had chocolate ganache - how bad could it be?
Ultimately though it reminded me of ice cream that had been sitting in the freezer a few months too long. (And yes, I do know how this tastes thanks in two parts to being thrifty and not buying ice cream very often and the fact that my grandpa used to buy those larger than life tubs of ice cream that not even our horde of grandchildren could eat in a summer. He mostly wanted the bucket I think for recycling into - a bucket? Who knows. Suffice it to say, ice cream should not have the consistency of an eraser.)
I tried breaking it down by layer (thinking perhaps the neon strawberry mousse was what was throwing the pie off) but the whole thing just didn't work.
Alas, I probably didn't need the pie anyhow. But I SO wanted it to be good.
What was even more hilarious was the waitress' comment when she dropped the pie off "Isn't it cool looking, kind of like the popular colors that are at Kohl's nowadays?" Yep, that's EXACTLY what I want my piece of pie to be - HIP. (Kind of goes with the idea of where it will end up anyways don'tchathink?)
No comments:
Post a Comment