What makes grown adults turn into such snivveling babies on airplanes? seriously. Part of the problem is that people bring way too much luggage with them on the plane. Today I had one computer bag, my Oprah magazine and a purse. Granted my computer bag is fairly large, however it does fit nicely in the overhead storage compartment without turning it sideways. However the person sitting in the row in front of ours took up all of the space in our overhead compartment with her really too large to truly be called a "carry on" suitcase. So that meant I had to resort to putting my bag in a different compartment. Of course, the woman whose compartment it was (as if she owns the darn plane) yelled at me because I was taking her space (the whole compartment was empty however she had three medium sized bags...two of which could easily fit under the seat...)
I pretty much was willing to have my bag checked to save the hassle but really, there was plenty of room in other storage bins...let's all just play nicely.
I did score the seats that are just right infront of the rest rooms on the 757 we were flying AND we didn't have someone crammed into the center seat...so it was an enjoyable (restful) ride...I read Oprah magazine and took about a two hour nap.
Also....here's another phenomenon about flying...drinks...so the flight attendant comes by with the cart of sodas...ice/glass and goes along her merry way and not more than 5 minutes later is back with the garbage bag looking for the empty glass and can. And the thing that boggles my mind is that people actually are done with their sodas in the time it's taken me to open my can and pour a glass. What do they do - slam it like some sort of college shotgun/beer bong sort of challenge? I admit I drink slow...however I find that a bit ridiculous. I also always sit next to someone who orders either bloody mary mix or tomato juice. Either there are a lot of people who enjoy tomato juice or this too is just an odd coincidence. However the smell of tomato juice just isn't that appetizing to me...which is another annoying thing. And the people who order it always drink it slowly.
I will say the Hyatt we were staying at had the most glorious beds...which apparently are for sale via the internet for $1500. The linens were great too at $270 a set. And they must of had about 6 feather pillows on the bed...all very nice...I practically needed a stepstool to crawl in every night but boy...I did sleep well (when I slept)
1 comment:
I have stayed at a Hyatt more than once, and found their sleep accommodations to be quite enjoyable. Even their "fold out" is pretty nice.
Post a Comment