Thanks for the memories Brett. I've got to say the writing's been kind of on the wall...that that he hasn't been decent but merely that when you play as physical of a sport as football you got to wonder what that does to a guy. Sure he's tired. Probably mentally exhausted from spending an entire season dodging that thought of whether this would be his last season. But it's finally here and I'd say that so far he's done his retiring in a manner becoming his public persona.
Of course there are people who are really upset. A person in our office was beside herself this a.m. and in tears when she read the news. She took the news pretty hard and I'm not entirely sure that's why she left early today or not but regardless apparently she could not understand why most of us just sort of shrugged and went on our merry way.
Now if he died I'd probably be sad. Just like when my mom told me the other day that one of my favorite newscasters in the Chicago area had died in a freak snowmobile accident. I didn't know the guy but I liked watching him. I imagine it's the same sort of feeling these uberfans have so I can't say I blame them for crying however ... in my own head....it is just a game...and if I had as much money as Brett does I probably would have retired last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment