My friend Angie received a well-deserved promotion today so we went out and celebrated at the VFW in St. Paul Park. A nice relaxing evening. I had never been to the VFW and would never have ventured in had Angie not suggested it. (I thought you had to be a veteran to go to the club...kind of like the moose lodge or whatever...)
Anyhow they had really pretty inexpensive drinks ($3.75 for a beer and a coke) and we had dinner of steak, au gratin, a delicious salad and a bread stick for $9.00. We also played a few rounds of pull tabs and watched a bit of tv.
The nice thing about the place, unlike other bars is that you can hear yourself think in there. It feels relatively homey and as Angie grew up in Cottage Grove she knew quite a few people there.
I'd go back...the food was cheap and pretty decent but it was more about the company and the atmosphere of the bar that made me think of a small town bar where everyone knows your name.
No comments:
Post a Comment