11/5/07

MOVIE REVIEW: BEE MOVIE

We saw Bee Movie on Saturday. Considering all of the hype Seinfeld and crew have been doing for this movie and all of the commercials it was one of those movies that I went to with a small bit of hesitation if only because I was worried that all of the fun stuff might have already been said.


The clever nod to things like amusement park rides being like life and the various bee-puns were amusing but it kind of left me wanting more. I sort of felt like some of the storyline fell a bit flat. I didn't at all get the love triangle they were trying to make of Renee's character and her boyfriend and I just thought the whole premise of a bee suing the human race was a bit farfetched.

Of course that's the stodgy adult side of me that wants things to make sense. I will say I look at bugs in a whole different light as well as the little bear container of honey sitting on my stove. All in all it was a tad short, interesting animation of the auto sequences and flying and I'd give it a BEE-minus.

RENTAL REVIEW: LICENSE TO WED

Drive right by this rental...do not be tempted by the idea of John Kransinki in a leading romantic role. Now granted, much like the above I knew going in that it wasn't going to be oscar award winning material but somehow I expected to be entertained a bit more. All in all it was standard fare and I've seen better scripts on a lifetime made for tv movie. I'll give it a C. I didn't hate it, but when it comes time to ever watch it again, I will have to take a pass.

Oh and I also did finally get to watch The Office today. I think my theory still stands that every other episode might be bringing this show closer to jumping the shark. The only problem is that with the last several episodes I'm not entirely sure whether it's the week it's supposed to be good or bad. I just wish they would stop being so over the top stupid and revert back to their clever office humor. The whole going to Utica was lame. I did chuckle at the microwave popcorn bit because sincerely that happens on our floor all the time....people just go and use a different microwave or fridge because the other one "needs to be cleaned".

No comments: