11/12/07

Ever go to an advertising agency where they have all of these "out of the box" type of seating and all sorts of toys around to "help stimulate" thinking. That's the room we were in today for our marketing offsite meeting in Chaska.

The best thing about the meeting: One chair... Which at every break I pretty much got up and wandered over to the chair and collapsed into it...it was very comfortable and if it wouldn't remind me so much of a college dorm chair I might even consider buying one for my living room. Or better yet...I told my co-workers that I was considering it for my new desk chair...can you just imagine coming to my office for a quick meeting and we are sitting in beanbag chairs. Actually this was much more comfortable than the standard bean bag chair but I have no idea what the bean bag was filled with...some sort of fiberfill.

The meeting was advertised as a "working session" with a bit of fun thrown in and sincerely I'm not entirely sure what was fun about it. Sure we did this game at the beginning to see how well we worked as a group but really the rest of the time it was pretty much work and what's fun about that? The food was decent though so I guess not everything was bad.

I will say again, like I do every time I have to drive west in the morning and drive east in the afternoon - I do not understand how people do that every day. People are just complete jerks when they drive...do you really need to ride my tail in bumper to bumper traffic? Is it really necessary to zoom around me and then cut over into the next lane only to have me pass you three cars on down the lane when my lane if finally moving again. Nope, you cannot pay me enough money...well...perhaps for a six figure salary I might consider putting up with it but boy...that drive is for the birds. Still not as bad as rush hour in Chicago but when you don't do it every day it is slightly annoying.

No comments: