9/26/07

I woke up this a.m. with a fever of 104 degrees and just felt crummy. So I took a sick day. Mostly because I will be severely disappointed if this blows up into a crummy cold for my trip down to Chicago. Man are telemarketers annoying. I'm always polite ever since my stint as "This-is-Linda-of-August-Max-Woman- istheladyofthehouseathome." They are after all just trying to earn a living and I'd rather they release me than argue with me on why I need the latest wells fargo or Pioneer Press delivered every day to my doorstep.

Mom so helpfully asked why I didn't just let the answering machine answer the phone or take the phone off the hook and well...I just didn't that through.

Oprah had on how to tell your children you are getting a divorce. Like I've mentioned I know several families struggling with this possibility so the stories on Oprah pretty much broke my heart. There just isn't any good way to know what to say. I will say that counselor/therapist she had on was really great and I'm not easily impressed by therapists.

Anyhow...need to try and pack my suitcase so I don't have to do it tomorrow and head to bed early.

No comments: