9/24/07

I need a personal shopper. Or better yet - stacy and clinton to show up on my doorstep and tell me to turn over all my clothes for a $5,000 style makeover. (Which seriously, $5,000 isn't a whole lot of money, especially when you look at the cost of the shoes they buy in that program alone.)

I went shopping after work tonight. Mostly because fall is here and I have a business trip with people from other divisions who all dress cute and sharp and stylish - all the adjectives I wouldn't necessarily use with any part of my wardrobe. I so empathize with those people on what not to wear who say that they can't find clothes to fit - and seriously, I understand their whole point of tailoring however pretty much to rebuild a garment so that it would fit the short and wide parts of me would be a feat I wouldn't wish on anyone. I did find two pairs of pants - both that need to be hemmed and a blazer and a blue sweater - which was on super clearance for $9.95. Of course when I got it home it also dawned on me that certain blog readers might give me grief because the blue happens to be the same blue as Eco's 3005 PMS color. I swear I did not plan it that way...I just thought it would look nice with a white shirt and black skirt and I thought it looked "cute".

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Newt and I would go shopping with you. Just let us know. However, that means you might have to come away from the Eco blue color into something a little more daring. And we can get you in to some shoes that won't bankrupt you!

Tina said...

I saw those red shoes and while they were cute I'd surely kill myself wearing them.

Um - dare I ask what color you think I should dare to wear...I'm not always wearing staid eco-colors...you've seen my pink polor and my bright green and orange sweater. And I don't often unearth things from the 80's much anymore either.

I'll consider shopping...but only if we can stop for chocolate. :)