Random Weekend Observations:
I had a three day weekend "sort-of". On friday Angie and I took an In-Design class at New Horizons. The instructor was horrible and it was all we could do to talk ourselves into coming back after lunch. I probably could have taught the class with as much as I knew and pretty much all the woman did was read the book to us. At one point she even said she didn't have a clue and couldn't figure it out either so she asked the class if any of us knew how to do something which was as simple as changing the colors in a gradient text box. VERY ANNOYING. I am looking forward to class two because the same wonderful instructor I had for photoshop I, II is teaching the next class and I imagine he will at the very least bring some real world experience into our exercises.
So that didn't start the weekend off very well. I went out to dinner at a restaurant who's friday night special was "Frog's Legs". I remember when we were little Uncle Jim (my dad's boss) used to take us out and order things like frog's legs just to get a rise out of us kids. It had been so long since I had seen that on the menu anywhere. Then I was flipping channels last night and Alton Brown had his new edition of Feasting with Asphalt and low and behold...one of the items pointed out - FROG LEGS. If I hadn't been so completely grossed out by his eating an unnaturally red pigs foot I might have watched the entire show. He is one of my more favorite personalities on the Food Network just because of his vast amount of trivia and scientific knowledge about food.
Which leads me to my latest pet-peeve rant about the food network -
If the woman hosting the Simply Deliciouso says simply delicious-o one more time I may just have to write a letter. I know that they want to appeal to the trendy latin viewers but c'mon already. And why is she always making her friends sit on the ground? Seems like I've seen three episodes and they are always on the floor. Highly annoying.
Enough already with the Food Network Challenges. And either make some new Unwrapped episodes or try not to show them so often. I know Mark Sommers is a producer of almost every food network program but you've got to have some sort of variety.
What is the attraction with prima donna english chefs who yell all the time? I watched Dinner Impossible for the first time just found that guy's voice irritating. (which makes me wonder if it's just my dislike for english accents or maybe I really disliked the show.)
I rather enjoy the Top Chef competition (however the host's snotty nasal voice grates on my last nerve) Hell's Kitchen is terrible! I don't understand how people can stand to watch people yelling at each other for an entire hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment