Punch's Pizza
Tonight I decided to go exploring and since a few of my fellow bloggers have raved about their experience at Punch's Pizza I decided to try and broaden my horizons and try this pizza.
Let me start by saying...it's not exactly the easiest place to find if you've never driven over in that area...and mapquest is useless...but I did finally figure it out.
That said - even before Julia Roberts became a big star she made this little movie called Mystic Pizza. It has always been one of my favorite movies. Maybe I was a pizza waitress in another life...maybe the idea of having an old world recipe to share with the neighbors would be my sort of place to own. Punch's pizza was the Minnesota equivalent of what I envision Mystic Pizza to be like. Unpretentious tables, a small space jampacked with people and good pizza.
And it was good pizza. I actually tried an appetizer of this olive spread on foccicia which was deliciously salty and the bread - I could have just sat and eaten that and skipped the pizza...but I didn't.
I did bring home most of my pizza for lunchtime snacking the rest of the week...fresh mushrooms, a hint of tomato, basil and cheese...and boy was it good. Did I say that already? It was good. Maybe good isn't a robust enough adjective...tasty, splendid,
Driving to the place I thought what a quaint neighborhood the highland area was...but then as I was sitting waiting for the pizza the airplane noise was horrific. take the houses in the highland area and plop them a bit further from the airport and they would be ideal.
No comments:
Post a Comment