Tonight I went baby shower shopping...again. Actually I also went shopping for baby stuff for little Cuz. Raja too and found some adorable girly Oklahoma-wear...now I just need to wrap it and mail it before she grows up too fast to fit the clothes.
It's fun to just wander the stores. I love baby stores not as much as I love bookstores, but it's close. So tonight it was the best of both worlds...Half Price Books was having an extra 20% off sale so I got a pile of paperbacks for $5.00 and then I went baby stuff shopping. Who knew there could be so much marketing ops with babies...okay I knew, but seriously...approximately half of what Pete and Sara registered for I could probably find at a garage sale in Woodbury, probably unused too. For instance, a Travelling wipe warmer. Half of my friends whose babies are now well past the baby wipe warmer stage are lucky to get enough time to just grab a regular wipe, let alone a warmed one. They've registered for both a standard issue regular wipe warmer so that in the midnight hour, little Emily's butt won't have to endure the harsh coolness of a chilly baby wipe. Okay, I'll give them that one insane pampering thing because my niece deserves to be pampered however a travelling wipe warmer to go with the travelling bottle warmer and the travelling play pen, and the travelling high chair and infant sleeping bed...throw in half the stuff they bring along for the dog and just the stuff they HAVE to always bring along for themselves and there won't be room enough for the baby in their mini-van.
I'm also searching for a fisher price toy that they used to make that was a bunch of different cars and firetrucks etc. that all stacked into each other. That used to be one of my favortie shower gifts. But alas, I don't think fisher price makes those anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment