
That's a big 10-4 good buddy! Seriously saw a guy today in a chevy sedan talking in the Walmart parking lot on his CB radio. At first I thought it might have been just an odd-shaped cell phone and he was holding it funny but then I saw the springy cord and the telltale HUGE attenea on the back of his trunk.
Now granted, throughout the 90's (before I got a cell phone) I had a cb radio in my car. Came in handy driving from Illinois to Minnesota every time but once when I was clocked doing 81 in a 45 but we don't really count that because I was "driving with traffic officer". Or when our family convoyed to the Dells and we needed to signal to each other that we were stopping at Mr. Mac's Truck Stop in Madison as if following dad's huge van off the off-ramp wasn't enough of a sign that they were stopping.
I've had many interesting discussions with truck drivers and I admire their restraint when it comes to the idiot car drivers on the road.
However, to sit in the Walmart parking lot and talk on a cb radio in this day and age seems a tad odd. So that led me to wonder what he did that he's on the cb... maybe an undercover police officer?
No comments:
Post a Comment