3/22/07

As part of the annual review process my boss is required to pull together an annual individual development plan and present it to me for discussion and signature. Typically I add all sorts of stuff I never get to do, we sign it and it gets placed in the file for next year.

This year either he really wants me to focus on the one item he put on it, or he just really didn't know how else I could develop.

I'm just not entirely sure it's a development goal.

I am strongly encouraged to develop my ability to say "no". Yep that's my one goal. No nope Nada, nicht.

I thought about not signing the IDP to try out the idea. But I think the sarcasm might be a little lost on them.

I can't hardly wait to start developing my skills. I might actually start tomorrow.

No comments: