11/10/06

There's this restaurant in Newport called the North Pole. Little old fashioned diner with those spinny stools like the Dunkin Donuts by my folk's house used to have. I've probably been in there a handful of times because it's conveniently located to my apartment and the price is right. They have a pretty decent burger and fries and serve breakfast all day - gotta love that!

The waitress there - I don't know her name but she has served me every single time I've been in there. (Note to self: find out her name next time.)

Today when I placed my order for french toast she stopped and said - "ah, changing things up a bit?" Yep, I'm a creature of habit and tend to order the same thing however I sort of chuckled that a community that I have been trying so hard to not get attached to is sort of growing on me.

So two weeks ago they started scraping the hall by the mailboxes in my apartment complex. This wouldn't be such a huge deal except for the fact that they started this "remoldelling" project about a year and a half ago (or so it seems) and for at least that time I haven't seen a soul working - they just ripped up every hallway down to the dusty drywall and left it and while I don't really "care" what the outside looks like when it's just me walking around, when I have company over, it would be kind of nice to not have the hallways look like some sort of ripped up hell-hole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...

Yep that was me testing how this blog adminstration works :)